Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

As Above, So Below

In the book," This Isn't What It Looks Like", by Pseudonymous Bosch, Cass keeps on running into the words, " As above, so below," when searching for 'the secret'. Cass has no idea what it means exactly, but she feels as if it's trying to give her a clue on finding 'the secret'. During her exciting adventure, the words of Clara, the fortune teller, linger in her mind. " As above, so below'. What does it mean? Why did she say that?

The quote, " As above, so below", can mean many things:

- Things which appear to be very different have attributes that are surprisingly quite similar
- By studying one thing, we can discover something else
- Occult maxim : hidden truth

I believe it means there more than meets the eye, because you may not over look something when it must be overlooked in order to understand. If I looked at a pair of glasses and I didn't know what they were, I would think you wear them for fashion. HOWEVER, if I examined that pair of glasses, I would soon figure out that they help you see better.

I believe that this quote symbolizes that the secret is with her, she just doesn't know it.

The quote " As above, so below", projects an image of a hidden treasure right under there noses, not literally.

All in all, the quote " As above, so below" has many meanings, BUT, all of them conclude that its the hidden truth.

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting. I've never actually heard this saying before, but it seems like a really cool theme for a book. I also like the way you took something easy to overlook and really used it to tell the reader about the book.

    ReplyDelete