Imagine by John Lennon
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all these conflicting factors in life as if they were not there at all. As if we weren't to do since had no place to go to when done so.
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
Imagine peace with one another, and not having to kill out all. Not having any conflict or war between countries, even though thats hard to think of.
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace
You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Imagine not having to live being discriminated or treated rashly because of ones religion. John Lennon is dreaming of everyone in peace, and he's not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
John Lennon hopes that soon, everyone can imagine this and become one with everyone and everything.
I believe that John Lennon wants people to imagine world peace, with everyone and everything. He is persuading people to desire peace between us all. To forget about everything, about our race, religion, gender, anything and think about world peace. We are all one no matter how you interpret it. We can truly achieve peace if we put our minds to it.
I think this song really does want me to imagine a better place. No racism, no bullying, no fighting. A place full of peace and freedom. Sadly, this song also makes me think of how our world came to be and how terrible it is today. With everyone killing one another and countries going to war. Poverty just at the bottom of our noses. This songs makes me think of how badly our world needs peace.
In conclusion, John Lennon hopes for world peace and also hopes for us to desire so too. Not only that, but he hopes that we can complete that wish as well. Sadly, it won't happen, because finding peace everywhere in this world is like finding a toothpick in a needle stack. Ouch.


Love this post Stella. I'm in love with this song, and I liked how you twisted around his words to tell that the message is the fact that he wants us to imagine. That if we imagine good things can come from it.
ReplyDelete