Mercutio is unpredictable, you''l never be able to infer what his next move is. So far, we have seen Mercutio as crazy, wise, mean, caring and as peace-maker. That's why I think Mercutio is interesting, because he seems to be a mix of different people inside of one body. Its like Mercutio is an oxymoron himself, he is wise when giving advice to Romeo on love, but is foolish for blindly attacking Tybalt for he had started a fight (Tybalt had, not Mercutio or Romeo). He gets crazy when making fun of Romeo and getting lost in his words, but is sane for caring about Romeo's state in the beginning. Additionally, what makes him more interesting is that when Mercutio was on the verge of death, he shouted, "I am hurt. A plague o' both your houses! I am sped. Is he gone, and hath nothing?" It was as if he was curing them, saying, "YOU WILL PAY!" or its like he's saying someone will suffer in the end like he did. It's as if he knew that Romeo and Juliet were going to die, for he had cursed both the Montague's and the Capulet's families to share his fate, to lose something that they care for deeply.
In conclusion, Mercutio is just a puzzle himself waiting to be solved. When I say that I think that Mercutio has multiple personality disorder, I don't mean it in an offensive way, but rather in a way that shows that hes different than others. No, being different isn't a bad thing, for it shows your uniqueness. For Mercutio, he is unique because he is basically a character that's more than meets the eye.



No comments:
Post a Comment